You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did a recent release of TVOS turn off the ability to choose AirPlay speakers as output?

I previously used to stream audio out from my AppleTV 4K to AirPlay speakers. I no longer seem to have the ability to select AirPlay speakers in the Audio output. Did something change recently?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 8:52 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2020 10:25 PM in response to AppleTVviewer

I believe so, I truly don’t like it either, but I have a Sonos one speaker that doesn’t show up any more. /// To set it up you have to hold the TV button on your remote and press airplay and the speaker you used. I hope apple changes this back, bug they won’t because they are greedy. They are only letting TV speakers and their own Homepods to connect

Did a recent release of TVOS turn off the ability to choose AirPlay speakers as output?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.