You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad stuck in recovery mode

Why is it everytime I tried to update or restore my ipad using my pc (windows 10) thru itunes (latest version) I get a repeating image that says "there is a problem with your ipad that requires it to be updated or restored". I already tried everything from changing cables, hard reset, using third parties software and nothing came out.

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 6:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:40 PM

Hello Yakal.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand when you try to update or restore your iPad that you get an error message that your iPad needs to be updated or restored. We are happy to help.

Please try the steps here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2020 4:40 PM in response to Yakal

Hello Yakal.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand when you try to update or restore your iPad that you get an error message that your iPad needs to be updated or restored. We are happy to help.

Please try the steps here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Nov 25, 2020 7:30 AM in response to Yakal

Hello Yakal.

We appreciate the troubleshooting that you have completed. Were you able to complete the troubleshooting steps that we provided? Do you have another computer that you can use to restore your iPad? If you’re still unable to restore your iPad, we recommend locating the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store here:  Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector We’d like to you to have an Apple Technician inspect the iPad. If the Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Providers are closed in your region, please contact Apple Support here for further assistance: Get Support

Take care.

Nov 25, 2020 7:26 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Hi Jeff_W., Thank you for your advice. Yes I have tried using a different computer to restore the Ipad to no avail. Do you think it is a hardware issue? Guess have no choice but to bring it to an authorized service center (they charge 2000 pesos an equivalent to 41usd) to restore the Ipad. We do not have an Apple store here in the Philippines. Thanks again and stay safe.

Ipad stuck in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.