You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro max audio recording problems

my iPhone 12 pro max is having problems with recording audio such as voice messages and videos on Snapchat and Instagram... the audio breaks upp and is impossible to understand. How can I solve this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 5:43 AM

9 replies

Nov 24, 2020 11:11 AM in response to eikka272

Hi eikka272,

We see you're having some audio issues with your iPhone. To clarify, does this only happen in those third-party apps? If you take a video with the Camera app do you get the same result? Does restarting the device help at all? If you have any bluetooth peripherals connected you may want to try disconnecting them and trying again.

Also you'll want to be sure that your device is up-to-date. You can learn how to do that here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps you get started and look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care.

Nov 24, 2020 11:37 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi, I seem to have the same issue. I used the preinstalled camera app of my iPhone 12 Pro Max and the audio got totally changed into something creepy. There was a song playing in the background and my friend who’s on the video also talked at some point but all we can hear when we played back the video seems to be a demonic sound/chant. The other videos are ok except for that one! Hopefully it’s just a software issue coz it’s still giving us goosebumps.

Feb 4, 2021 1:19 PM in response to Marta5

I have the same issue. My ringer is not turned off and I disconnected bluetooth and my volume is all the way up but every time I record a video through the camera app or another filming app I only get a very intense static noise and you can't hear any of the music or conversation in the videos. I have the iphone 12 pro.

Mar 23, 2021 10:51 AM in response to eikka272

I'm having a similar issue which started recently on my iphone 12 pro. When using the preinstalled camera to record videos, the audio will cut out randomly while using an external microphone. I disconnected the external mic and re-recorded the video and this time the audio came out very distorted and garbled. I restarted my phone and that seemed to help. Now a few days later, it's happening again.

iPhone 12 pro max audio recording problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.