You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur - Bold text no longer works?

Previous keynotes with bold text are broken and I have to re-bold them by manually selecting the font weight. Previously, I can just press the bold button or hit Ctrl+B to embolden text, but that's no longer working.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 6:50 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 16, 2020 7:14 PM in response to wing_pang

wing_pang Said:

"Big Sur - Bold text no longer works? Previous keynotes with bold text are broken and I have to re-bold them by manually selecting the font weight. Previously, I can just press the bold button or hit Ctrl+B to embolden text, but that's no longer working."

-------

A. "Previously, I can just press the bold button or hit Ctrl+B to embolden text"

What to Press:

Use: command + B

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(updates), system configurations (i.e. for Keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. It might take upto 3 attempts to reset each. So, be certain you have the time to so do. Once successfully reset, the keyboard should work as intended.

Nov 18, 2020 6:54 PM in response to wing_pang

wing_pang Said:

"Big Sur - Bold text no longer works?: Hey there, that was a typo and I did use command + B. The keyboard is working since it still shows the bold B key highlighted, but the font doesn't update - which is the problem I'm trying to convey.

———-

Thank you for the clarification.

Seems you Need to Reinstall the macOS:

Sometimes, system files become manipulated, technically. Reinstalling the macOS will place moved items back to where they should be, and will replace damaged system files.

How to Properly Reinstall the macOS:

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Use an external Hard Drive of at least 1.5 times the size of your internal Hard Drive.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled, respectively. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Big Sur - Bold text no longer works?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.