You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email says no password given

My email isn’t updating, keeps saying error go to setting email. I go put in my password, still says no password entered ? I can’t get to me email at all, I changed my password. Tried to put it in, it keeps putting my old one in when I click on done.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 11:01 PM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2020 8:30 AM in response to deborahfromshingletown

Have you tried deleting the account, restarting, and then adding it back?

Mail – Setup on a device    

Some other things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

Nov 17, 2020 11:40 AM in response to Eric Root

Tried restarting couple times, never deleted before. I tried deleting, re entered still same thing happened. I’m not very computer knowledgeable. Don’t have another WiFi to try 😞. Never done a factory reset, or hard reset. I don’t know how to do a back up ? So I can try a factory reset, I’m so afraid of losing stuff.

Email says no password given

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.