You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse Cursor Behavior

Hi Have Macbook Pro 2014, since few days I upgraded to Big Sur and mouse cursor is unstable and very annoying it move by itself while Im working or designing it goes left right any place it likes ? any fixes ? I use Apple Wireless Magic Mouse.

Kindest Regards

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 11:19 AM

4 replies

Nov 25, 2020 1:13 PM in response to ammarfromdoha

Hey there ammarfromdoha,

We understand your mouse cursor has been jumping around unexpectedly after upgrading to Big Sur. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, we'd recommend going through the steps from this page: If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working with your Mac as expected

All of the steps may be helpful. However, the steps from the section "Your mouse or trackpad doesn't track as expected" are definitely important to review.

If you still experience issues, try testing with a different wired or wireless mouse to see if the issue persists. This will help us isolate if the issue is with the mouse or something else.

Let us know how that goes or if you have any questions. Cheers!

Dec 27, 2020 2:57 PM in response to ammarfromdoha

I am experiencing the same-

• on both my Apple Mouse and my Apple Trackpad
  • mouse/trackpad "stalls". I move it, the cursor doesn't, then it does
  • I have got to scuff the mouse on the mouse pad to get it moving
  • when I need to get to a specific location on the screen, it is hard to get exactly on it.
  • Tried all the stuff in the above link, does nothing to help
  • I have tried rebooting, also turning Bluetooth of/on, also turning each device off/on
  • This is just since macOS 11.1 of Big Sur

Thank you for the moment to review this.

Nov 26, 2020 1:00 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi

Thanks for the replay. the page you sent didn't hep, actually sometimes it moves and do clicks by itself Im worried it might be a security issue ? but I never got a malware on a Mac Im very carful and Im an IT Pro besides it happened only after Big Sur upgrade before that I had Big Sur beta 11 and everything was ok. Sometimes when it happens a restart will fix it. when it happens again I'll turn the mouse off and try the MBP trackpad and see.

Kindest Regards

Mouse Cursor Behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.