You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My says to sign in even though I'm signed in

I am running 11.0.1 on an m1 MacBook. I can't get Find My to work properly. I am signed in via iCloud. Find My is enabled. Location services are enabled for Find My. I am able to see my devices on the map, but no devices are listed under the "People" or "Devices" tab, no matter what I do. The "People" tab says "Sign in to find your friends and family on the map. Start sharing your location with friends or family members". The "Devices" tab says "Sign in to locate your Mac and other devices. To locate your devices, Find My must have iCloud preferences enabled in System Preferences." What can I do to fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 9:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:13 AM

Contacted Apple via chat and was told to create a new user account. Find My worked correctly under the new user when I created the new user account. I made sure to login to iCloud during the setup process on first login of the new user - I did not setup iCloud when I first setup the default user on my new Mac.

However, Find My still refused to work on the initial, default account. So I guess the solution is to create a new account, and/or make sure to login to iCloud while setting up new accounts. Then just begin using this account if you want Find My to work.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2020 9:13 AM in response to kjjj11223344

Contacted Apple via chat and was told to create a new user account. Find My worked correctly under the new user when I created the new user account. I made sure to login to iCloud during the setup process on first login of the new user - I did not setup iCloud when I first setup the default user on my new Mac.

However, Find My still refused to work on the initial, default account. So I guess the solution is to create a new account, and/or make sure to login to iCloud while setting up new accounts. Then just begin using this account if you want Find My to work.

Find My says to sign in even though I'm signed in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.