You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac laptop using Catalina 10.15 OS - HP printer not recognized

Since I upgraded to Catalina 10.15, my Mac will not recognize my HP Officejet Pro 8600. I have tried everything recommended by HP and it sometimes will recognize the printer TEMPORARILY and print a document. Then when I go to print again, nothing!! I am connected to my household wifi, I have deleted the printer and added it again I have tried HP apps. Nothing seems to work. Apple, what is going on?

This seems to be a known problem, at both Apple and HP, and supposedly they are working on it. I think the ball is in Apple's court!

Help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 1:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 1:14 PM

You are not talking to Apple here, just user like yourself.

click on this link,

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/4322914/model/4323658

make sure the operating system selector is set for macOS 10.15

Click the + buttons to reveal which updates are available to you and download them

once downloaded you will need to install them.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2020 1:14 PM in response to mlauerba

You are not talking to Apple here, just user like yourself.

click on this link,

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/4322914/model/4323658

make sure the operating system selector is set for macOS 10.15

Click the + buttons to reveal which updates are available to you and download them

once downloaded you will need to install them.

Mac laptop using Catalina 10.15 OS - HP printer not recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.