You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Split View, why can't I choose a window to work in by control-right/leftArrow?

what is the key stroke to change windows in a split view?

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 3:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 7:26 PM

Greetings niqin!

We see you are trying to use a keyboard shortcut to change screen in Split View. We are happy to help get that setup for you! You will want to go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Keyboard > Move focus to active or next window > Set shortcut you prefer. That should get you all set.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2020 7:26 PM in response to niqin

Greetings niqin!

We see you are trying to use a keyboard shortcut to change screen in Split View. We are happy to help get that setup for you! You will want to go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Keyboard > Move focus to active or next window > Set shortcut you prefer. That should get you all set.

Take care!

Nov 26, 2020 9:24 PM in response to MichelleT18

MitchellT18,

That's it, thank you, that works with multiple Apps open.

I read somewhere that ⌘⇥ did a similar thing and had been testing it on my iMac and macBook when I received your message. ⌘⇥ goes via Applications Switcher. Extra TABs allows you to move through the Apps and releasing the CMD moves you to the selected APP and hides the switcher.

Your suggestion is neater and avoids the Applications Switcher.

Both avoids the need to enter Full Screen on either window to use the CMD-left/rightArrow that I originally suggested.

Thanks again.

In Split View, why can't I choose a window to work in by control-right/leftArrow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.