You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer photos from mac to ipad

I have a mac mini with Sierra 10.12.6 and a 6th gen iPad with latest update installed.

Would like to transfer photos from a file that contains Canon camera jpegs to the iPad photos.

So far, I have not found the correct procedure to do this.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 6:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 6:16 AM

Since you are running Sierra, you can sync the photos using iTunes on your Mac. Take a look at this for the instructions.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

EDIT - I want to caution you that should you decide to use iCloud Photos as my esteemed colleague is suggesting, while it is a viable way to keep your photos in sync, please make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. Chances are, you will need more iCloud storage which you will have to pay for, and more importantly, iCloud is a syncing service only. If you delete a photo on your iPad, you will delete it from iCloud and from your Mac.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2020 6:16 AM in response to novanut

Since you are running Sierra, you can sync the photos using iTunes on your Mac. Take a look at this for the instructions.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

EDIT - I want to caution you that should you decide to use iCloud Photos as my esteemed colleague is suggesting, while it is a viable way to keep your photos in sync, please make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. Chances are, you will need more iCloud storage which you will have to pay for, and more importantly, iCloud is a syncing service only. If you delete a photo on your iPad, you will delete it from iCloud and from your Mac.

Nov 19, 2020 6:33 AM in response to novanut

Hi Novanut,

Both of your devices should be compatible with AirDrop. Have you considered this option? It’s what I would do in your shoes.

Make sure airdrop is enabled in the iPad, set to receiving from everyone, and Do Not Distrurb is turned off. On the Mac, open Finder, then select Airdrop, then drag the photos into Finder window where you should see the option to send them to your iPad. See more info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106

One more thing to consider, Airdrop often doesn’t like sending lots of large files at once, so you may have to send the files a few at a time depending on their size. Other than that, this should work well.

Either of the other options mentioned above should work well too.

transfer photos from mac to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.