You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple gift card

I asked how do I add an apple gift card to my wallet and apple support said to add it to the App Store. I did, and now I can't add it to my wallet. It doesn't show up. I don't want to use it to buy apps, I want to use it to buy apple merchandise.

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 1:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 1:25 PM

treusse wrote:

I don't want to use it to buy apps, I want to use it to buy apple merchandise.

I actually just went through this experience.

You added the Gift Card to the App Store, which is good. So now presumably you see its value included in your Apple ID account balance.

When you purchase Apple merchandise, at checkout when you select a payment method, one of the choices you will be offered is to use your Apple ID account balance!

The Gift Card cannot be added to your Wallet, but that’s OK.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2020 1:25 PM in response to treusse

treusse wrote:

I don't want to use it to buy apps, I want to use it to buy apple merchandise.

I actually just went through this experience.

You added the Gift Card to the App Store, which is good. So now presumably you see its value included in your Apple ID account balance.

When you purchase Apple merchandise, at checkout when you select a payment method, one of the choices you will be offered is to use your Apple ID account balance!

The Gift Card cannot be added to your Wallet, but that’s OK.

Apple gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.