You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I clicked on a link about my bank account and entered my bank details before closing it down The bank says there are no unusual transactions on my account but I'm worried there ia a virus on my phone now - how can i check?

I clicked on a link about my bank account and entered my bank details before closing it down The bank says there are no unusual transactions on my account but I'm worried there ia a virus on my phone now - how can i check?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 1:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 1:41 AM

There is no virus on your iPhone. The chances of the iPhone getting a virus are extremely unlikely due to the infrastructure that Apple has built. If you have not Jailbroken your iPhone then your chances of getting a virus are next to zero.

You clicked on a link that was probably fake and entered your bank account credentials. Did you press ENTER and submit the credentials or did you simply fill in and then just closed the page? If you hit RETURN or LOGIN then change the Password to that bank account. If you just closed the page without hitting ENTER or LOGIN etc. then the entries were not recorded by scam website and you should be fine. You can still change your bank account password to be on the safe side. To be on the safest side, you can change all your account information with the assistance of your bank.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2020 1:41 AM in response to KarenHam18

There is no virus on your iPhone. The chances of the iPhone getting a virus are extremely unlikely due to the infrastructure that Apple has built. If you have not Jailbroken your iPhone then your chances of getting a virus are next to zero.

You clicked on a link that was probably fake and entered your bank account credentials. Did you press ENTER and submit the credentials or did you simply fill in and then just closed the page? If you hit RETURN or LOGIN then change the Password to that bank account. If you just closed the page without hitting ENTER or LOGIN etc. then the entries were not recorded by scam website and you should be fine. You can still change your bank account password to be on the safe side. To be on the safest side, you can change all your account information with the assistance of your bank.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.