You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Crashing High Sierra 10.13.6. (I know this thread was open before, but is of no help)

Hi All,

I have followed all the explanation and clarifications and made the changes to no avail. I have also re-initialized the hard disk and re-installed High Sierra 10.13.6. Still no changes - mail keeps on crashing. I have Norton 360, then disabled it, still the same result, removed/deinstalled it - still same result. Has anyone got any idea or mail working properly for a day on 10.13.6 without crashing ?

Attached is the dump from the crash

Any help is much appreciated - mine is the older version of Mac - late 2011, kept it as the keyboard is good, disks can be changed and memory can be changed etc etc.

Regards

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 1:24 PM

Well, I can't see what you tried...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If still no good Disconnect from the Internet, then start Mail, look for the last rec'd eMail.

Does Mail crash if no internet?

Quit Mail & login to your WebMail in a Browser, if possible delete any later eMails there after the last rec'd one on the Mac.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2020 1:24 PM in response to sachin.rajwade

Well, I can't see what you tried...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If still no good Disconnect from the Internet, then start Mail, look for the last rec'd eMail.

Does Mail crash if no internet?

Quit Mail & login to your WebMail in a Browser, if possible delete any later eMails there after the last rec'd one on the Mac.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Nov 24, 2020 10:08 AM in response to BDAqua

Dear BDAqua, That is correct that you cannot see what i have done till date. But, trust me, I have done all of this as stated above. i have been looking at all the answers tried everything. Cannot give up my Mac - late 2011 - where parts can be still changed - not soldered :-), still can do a last try, get a new hard disk and re-install on it. This is the project for this weekend :-) I hope I will be able to do it as after that have to reinstall too many apps.

Thankyou for the useful hints - i will keep you posted on the new disk

Regards

Mail Crashing High Sierra 10.13.6. (I know this thread was open before, but is of no help)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.