You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was using Airplay just fine from my iPhone to Apple TV as well as mirroring from desktop Now all I get on Apple TV when I select a home movie is a spinning wheel.

When attempting to stream home movies from either my iPhone or desktop, all I get on the Apple TV is a spinning wheel. The TV screen shows the item I'm attempting to stream, but it doesn't play.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 11:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 11:36 AM

1. Shut down and Restart our AppleTV device. On your AppleTV, open Settings ➔ System ➔ ReStart.
  2. Check for updates on your AppleTV device. On your AppleTV, open Settings ➔ System ➔ Software Updates and Select Update Software. If your device is already updated then then move to step 3.
  3. Ensure that your AppleTV device is on the same Wi-Fi Network as your iPhone and your Desktop.
  4. Try AirPlay again.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Russell Wylie

1. Shut down and Restart our AppleTV device. On your AppleTV, open Settings ➔ System ➔ ReStart.
  2. Check for updates on your AppleTV device. On your AppleTV, open Settings ➔ System ➔ Software Updates and Select Update Software. If your device is already updated then then move to step 3.
  3. Ensure that your AppleTV device is on the same Wi-Fi Network as your iPhone and your Desktop.
  4. Try AirPlay again.

Axel F.

I was using Airplay just fine from my iPhone to Apple TV as well as mirroring from desktop Now all I get on Apple TV when I select a home movie is a spinning wheel.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.