You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson NX330 not working after recent Big Sur update

Not sure what the happened but after updating with the Big Sur recently, my epson stylus nx330 is no longer working. I remove the printer, tried installing the "updated" driver from Epson and no luck. I recognizes the printer when I say "add printer" then it says "An error occurred while trying to add the selected device. successful-ok-ignored-or-substitued-attributes" and then I have to cancel. What am I doing wrong??? Ugh.

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 2:58 PM

Hi,

On the support page for an NX300 (C11CA17201), you will find a Printer Driver v10.85 (11/19/20) for macOS 11 Big Sur:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus-NX300/s/SPT_C11CA17201?review-filter=macOS+11.x

What happens if you try this driver?

The support page for the NX330 (C11CB21201) does not have the v10.85 driver.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus-NX330/s/SPT_C11CB21201?review-filter=macOS+11.x

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2020 11:33 AM in response to NH_Candy

I suggest trying either or both of the following:

1. Start up your notebook in Safe Mode. See if you can add the printer now.
  2. Boot up normally, but this time create a new user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with the new account. Try adding the printer again.

Please post back your results.

Ref:

Nov 24, 2020 3:20 PM in response to NH_Candy

There may be a way around this, sometimes AirPrint could work because

it uses your Mac and Printer without traditional drivers. Not certain how

the wireless network may be involved in this. ~ I've older Epson printers

and have various macOS/OS X, and iPhone that can print from there.

• About AirPrint - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

While brief look through the listed printers in this linked page, did not

see Epson NX-series among them. Epson site often has good support.

Good luck & happy computing!

🌿🚂🤖⛵️🚀🏕🎣🌤🌎♻️📬

Nov 24, 2020 1:22 PM in response to Tesserax

I have attempted both as you've suggested and neither worked. Very fustraiting. As a side note, I updated my work MacBook today without issue. Same printer was installed/working PRIOR to the update to Big Sur and after the install, I can see the printer, but it refuses to print. It *thinks* it's printing, but there is nothing that comes out. The print queue is completely empty with no paused jobs, etc. I'm thinking that the Epson NX330 driver is bad???

Crazy thing is - I use the printer like NEVER, but of course now I need to use it - and can't.

Unless you have other thoughts for me to try.

Epson NX330 not working after recent Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.