You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create an album in photos that includes photos only without people?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:51 PM

Do you mean no people at all, or no people identified as face names by Photos?

If the latter, I can get close to it. I have some Keywords that I use to eliminate identified faces that are not people I know or have named. These include StrangersOnly and StrangersInc[luded], which identify pictures that include identified faces that I have not named.

If you put these into a Smart Album like this (where the third condition is empty):

You get an album that contains no identified people. It still contains pictures that include people but nothing that Photos has identified as a face, so its mainly without people at all.

Stephen

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2020 11:51 PM in response to think_differently

Do you mean no people at all, or no people identified as face names by Photos?

If the latter, I can get close to it. I have some Keywords that I use to eliminate identified faces that are not people I know or have named. These include StrangersOnly and StrangersInc[luded], which identify pictures that include identified faces that I have not named.

If you put these into a Smart Album like this (where the third condition is empty):

You get an album that contains no identified people. It still contains pictures that include people but nothing that Photos has identified as a face, so its mainly without people at all.

Stephen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.