You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time passcode

My child figured out the screen time passcode, so I changed my passcode for her phone. However she can still put in the old code on her phone and get pass the restrictions. How to change the passcode on her phone

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 4:24 PM

Hey there, SJWwww!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you have restrictions set up with Screen Time on your child's iPhone, but they are still able to enter the old passcode to bypass these restrictions.

How did you go about changing the code? Were you following the steps in the support article below:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you didn't follow the steps mentioned in the linked resource, we recommend doing this to ensure they are set up properly.

Feel free to post an update.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2020 4:24 PM in response to SJWwww

Hey there, SJWwww!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you have restrictions set up with Screen Time on your child's iPhone, but they are still able to enter the old passcode to bypass these restrictions.

How did you go about changing the code? Were you following the steps in the support article below:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you didn't follow the steps mentioned in the linked resource, we recommend doing this to ensure they are set up properly.

Feel free to post an update.

Take care!

Screen time passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.