You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro - Camera Zoom Defaults to 2.0, Can't access .5 Zoom either.

When I open the camera (despite toggling about every setting possible in Settings) the camera defaults to a 2.0 zoom. I can manually zoom out to 1.0 but am not allowed access to the .5 Zoom. Pretty frustrating for a $1000 phone that I bought strictly for the advanced camera.

Please assist ASAP.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 5:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 5:52 PM

Hello EShay777,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you want to access the 0.5x zoom and will do what we can to help.

To not preserve settings on the camera, make sure it's not selected in Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings for it to be set as the default.

0.5x should be an option This will explain where to look under 'See Beyond the Frame': About the Camera features on your iPhone

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2020 5:52 PM in response to EShay777

Hello EShay777,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you want to access the 0.5x zoom and will do what we can to help.

To not preserve settings on the camera, make sure it's not selected in Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings for it to be set as the default.

0.5x should be an option This will explain where to look under 'See Beyond the Frame': About the Camera features on your iPhone

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

iPhone 12 Pro - Camera Zoom Defaults to 2.0, Can't access .5 Zoom either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.