You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

big sur notifications snooze gone?

Did they take away the ability to snooze a notification longer than 5 minutes, I can't find out how to do it.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 11:48 AM

Hello Apple Support Communities.

Apple took away the option to snooze for different time lengths. In Catalina we could choose to snooze calendar alerts for 5 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, etc. We no longer have this feature in Big Sur and we are very unhappy about it. Please press Apple to fix or tell us they plan to fix soon.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2020 11:48 AM in response to MoonJ.

Hello Apple Support Communities.

Apple took away the option to snooze for different time lengths. In Catalina we could choose to snooze calendar alerts for 5 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, etc. We no longer have this feature in Big Sur and we are very unhappy about it. Please press Apple to fix or tell us they plan to fix soon.

Dec 3, 2020 10:45 AM in response to Fred Royster

Hello Fred Royster,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand wanting the option to snooze a Calendar notification and will explain.

The Snooze option is supposed to appear for Calendar alerts. Make sure there are set up in your System Preferences: Set event alerts and receive notifications in Calendar on Mac

If it is set up and you're still not seeing the Snooze option, reach out to Apple Support directly: Get Support

Take care.

Dec 3, 2020 11:32 AM in response to MoonJ.

The problem here--and it is a very big one--is that while you can snooze, you have no choice of how LONG to snooze. Click snooze and the notice goes away for 15 minutes. That is utterly useless. Suppose I have a trip coming up in two weeks and need to start preparations in advance. I want a notice two weeks in advance, then, I might want to snooze for a day until I am reminded to be certain that I have started preparations. Can't do it with a 15 minute snooze. It makes the Calendar useless. I immediately removed BigSur and went back to Catalina. I will never go to BigSur until this is fixed. It is just baffling for someone to remove a useful functionality that works just fine. Why? Please, Apple, restore the ability to choose different snooze lengths!

big sur notifications snooze gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.