You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Sierra to High Sierra MacBook Pro early 2011

hi

anyone know where to get this now. I tried the links provided in another posy but it says DAMAGED cannot install.

I do not have anyone who can do a USB for me either.

There is a Mac store 30ks away, could they do it?

If this is all impossible what is the earliest MacBook Pro model I could buy that would allow latest OS system. COVID has made me unemployed so a new Mac is out of the question.

Stay safe n healthy

Namaste

MacBook

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 2:10 PM

make sure you have a disk-based backup before proceeding.

Use the links in this new article about old macOS:

if these do not work, please let readers know and we can message the hosts to get them fixed.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

12 replies

Nov 25, 2020 2:24 PM in response to the ed tree

the ed tree wrote:

hi
anyone know where to get this now. I tried the links provided in another posy but it says DAMAGED cannot install.
I do not have anyone who can do a USB for me either.
There is a Mac store 30ks away, could they do it?
If this is all impossible what is the earliest MacBook Pro model I could buy that would allow latest OS system. COVID has made me unemployed so a new Mac is out of the question.
Stay safe n healthy
Namaste

Use the Safari browser only to initiate the download:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?ls=1&mt=12

if you continue to have an issue :

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Nov 25, 2020 2:26 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

No mate that was a bust. Same link I tried earlier that gets the "DAMAGED" popup. Should I try to inform a mod?

I might just follow the second idea and try to find an affordable used Pro that can run Catalina. Would you have any suggestions as to yr models? Im asking as I'm in a remote local and the closest Mac shop (50 mile round trip) is not a reseller so is an online job. By the way I have checked the Mac site in my locale for refurbished and they only show 2019 models which sadly are unaffordable at present.

Namaste

Nov 27, 2020 2:29 PM in response to the ed tree

Hi

Thanks for all your replies.

All sorted. What peeps weren’t including in their kind suggestions was that there are two ABSOLUTE MUSTS besides using Safari.

One: delete any files that might inc High Sierra

Two: Use ethernet connection and disable wifi.

Perhaps those kind enough to reply to my previous expected me to know that already, but sadly I did not.

I’m loading High Sierra as I type this and so far (knock on wood) it’s working!

probably have to Home install some more RAM though as some have said it can slow things down.

oh yeah and being an insomniac I did a lot of searching last night and took the general advice that it’s not a great idea to use any free download links like the one I was enquiring about.

This really occurred because after receiving an iPad for Christmas back in ‘17 I just stopped using the MacBook so fell out of the habit of doing upgrades. So lucky this forum exists and there are so many gracious and helpful members.

Namaste

ps thanks ‘leroydouglas’ I’m in Oz but am taking your advice and buying a 2015 13” MacBook Pro. They run about $700-$900 aussie for an as new 8 gig running Catalina. My only hesitation is wether the whole used Mac market will take a big hit when Apple Silicon rolls out? I’ll make a thread 😅

macOS Sierra to High Sierra MacBook Pro early 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.