You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes upgrade

Hello I just bought my iPad Pro and when going to notes, says it needs to upgrade. I go to App Store but it seems the app is already upgraded. Any advice...

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 3:29 PM

Hello Jijaigou,

It sounds like you would like to upgrade your notes. We understand how important this is for you and we're here to help.

Congrats on your new iPad Pro! If you select folders on the top left hand corner, do you see an option to upgrade next to iCloud? If so, go ahead and upgrade, if not, we have a few steps you can try.

First, verify you are signed into iCloud and Notes are enabled: Sign in with your Apple ID

Once you are signed in restart your iPad using this article: Restart your iPad

If you still don't see that option can you verify your exact iPadOS version? See if you are able to access notes on iCloud. Also, test to see if you can access notes on any other devices.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2020 3:29 PM in response to JIJAIGOU

Hello Jijaigou,

It sounds like you would like to upgrade your notes. We understand how important this is for you and we're here to help.

Congrats on your new iPad Pro! If you select folders on the top left hand corner, do you see an option to upgrade next to iCloud? If so, go ahead and upgrade, if not, we have a few steps you can try.

First, verify you are signed into iCloud and Notes are enabled: Sign in with your Apple ID

Once you are signed in restart your iPad using this article: Restart your iPad

If you still don't see that option can you verify your exact iPadOS version? See if you are able to access notes on iCloud. Also, test to see if you can access notes on any other devices.

Cheers!

Notes upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.