You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 14.0.1 (16610.3.6.3) on MacBook Air (M1, 2020) Does Not Honor "Open page in tabs instead of windows: Never" Setting

I have Safari set to NEVER open pages in tabs, yet Safari continues to open links in tabs. I hate this behavior because it's often difficult to find the newly-opened tab, as it opens in an existing Safari window (I'm thinking it likes to open tabs in the last used Safari window). It does not behave this way on my iMac 2017 with same setting. What gives? Please help, it's driving my crazy. Can someone else at least confirm this behavior is not unique to me?

Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 7:49 AM

Gosh, never mind, it was a setting in 1Password that controls whether new login windows open in tabs or windows.

Similar questions

1 reply

Safari 14.0.1 (16610.3.6.3) on MacBook Air (M1, 2020) Does Not Honor "Open page in tabs instead of windows: Never" Setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.