You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete auto-installed apps from my Apple Watch 3?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 8:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 1:49 AM

How to Delete Apple Watch Apps From Your Watch.

Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to bring up the App View.

If you're using List View, swipe left across the app you want to remove, then tap the red trash button. If you're using Grid View, tap and hold to activate jiggle mode, then tap the X in the top-left corner of the app you want to remove.

Tap Delete App to confirm.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2020 1:49 AM in response to chrystal111

How to Delete Apple Watch Apps From Your Watch.

Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to bring up the App View.

If you're using List View, swipe left across the app you want to remove, then tap the red trash button. If you're using Grid View, tap and hold to activate jiggle mode, then tap the X in the top-left corner of the app you want to remove.

Tap Delete App to confirm.

Dec 5, 2020 8:42 PM in response to chrystal111

Fieryjack,

thanks for the response but it’s not answering the real problem. I want to delete apps that are the factory installed ones. They do not have the x when they “jiggle” to allow deleting apps. I’ve deleted all the ones that jiggle. I still don’t have room to run an update. It’s frustrating. There are apps that I never use!

Thanks for trying!

Dec 6, 2020 2:02 AM in response to chrystal111

The only ones you can remove are the ones with the X on when they jiggle.

To make room for an update;

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone.

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch,this deletes temporary and corrupted files

and also clears the system cache freeing up a surprisingly large amount of storage space.And without any loss of data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.