You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer files to it from My Mac to my new Mini

So I bought the new Mac Mini and started it up. Im ready tpo Transfer files to it from My Mac. My Mac No longer recognizes my Mouse or Keyboard. Any workarounds so I dont need to buy another mouse and keyboard

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 1:32 PM

When I took delivery of my M1 mini, although I had a bluetooth magic keyboard and mouse, I used wired versions during the initial setup process, and provided my Mojave Time Machine (SSD) drive to migration assistant to replicate my iMac home directory. This went well, and upon reboot, I powered on both the Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2, and visited bluetooth preferences to connect them as they would not do this on their own.

Once my bluetooth peripherals were connected, I powered down the M1 mini, and disconnected the wired items. On reboot, it recognized the bluetooth keyboard and mouse (as it should).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2020 1:32 PM in response to juicebruiser

When I took delivery of my M1 mini, although I had a bluetooth magic keyboard and mouse, I used wired versions during the initial setup process, and provided my Mojave Time Machine (SSD) drive to migration assistant to replicate my iMac home directory. This went well, and upon reboot, I powered on both the Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2, and visited bluetooth preferences to connect them as they would not do this on their own.

Once my bluetooth peripherals were connected, I powered down the M1 mini, and disconnected the wired items. On reboot, it recognized the bluetooth keyboard and mouse (as it should).

Transfer files to it from My Mac to my new Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.