You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is stuck on “set time automatically” and I cannot turn it off. What do I do?

My phone is stuck on “set time automatically” and I cannot turn it off. What do I do?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 2:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 3:06 AM

Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Turn on Set Automatically1 in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone.

When you find that the Date & Time feature is greyed out.

It is best to Set Screen Time Password Off and this will enable Set Automatic Date & Time

Watch this GIF below

If you can't change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad ...

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2020 3:06 AM in response to VisibleConfusion

Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Turn on Set Automatically1 in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone.

When you find that the Date & Time feature is greyed out.

It is best to Set Screen Time Password Off and this will enable Set Automatic Date & Time

Watch this GIF below

If you can't change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.