You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone X not wirelessly charging all of a sudden?

All of a sudden, my two iPhone X's intermittently charge wirelessly. These have worked perfectly for 2 years. The phones get only about 65% charge and have to be taken off the charger and put back on several times to get up to 100%. I got warranty replacements on my wireless chargers, so that's not the issue. Also, the phones are charged without cases.

I believe it started with IOS 13.5 and has not been fixed with subsequent updates. Any ideas or solutions?

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 8:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:16 AM

Hello,

It seems like "Optimized Battery Charging" is turned on. When it is on, the battery charges to 80% and then stops until your regular schedule indicates that you are about ready to use it. Then it charges to 100%.

To turn the feature off:

Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging and turn it off.

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2020 9:16 AM in response to mslb56

Hello,

It seems like "Optimized Battery Charging" is turned on. When it is on, the battery charges to 80% and then stops until your regular schedule indicates that you are about ready to use it. Then it charges to 100%.

To turn the feature off:

Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging and turn it off.

Good luck.

Why is my iPhone X not wirelessly charging all of a sudden?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.