You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removal of stored password on my Mac - How to?

How do I remove a password from the stored passwords? I use fingerprint to login and it became wrong and as it is stored I cannot login.

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 10:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 5:41 PM

Hello webtomte,

We see that you have a password on your Mac that needs to be updated so the correct log in information is stored. Keychain Access is a helpful feature so you don't have to try and remember those passwords. We're glad you reached out for help.

You can edit the details of a stored password in Keychain Access using the steps in the article below.

Manage passwords using keychains on Mac

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2020 5:41 PM in response to webtomte

Hello webtomte,

We see that you have a password on your Mac that needs to be updated so the correct log in information is stored. Keychain Access is a helpful feature so you don't have to try and remember those passwords. We're glad you reached out for help.

You can edit the details of a stored password in Keychain Access using the steps in the article below.

Manage passwords using keychains on Mac

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

Removal of stored password on my Mac - How to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.