You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received an email offering 1 year of Apple TV+ but when I followed the link the offer was only for one week.

I received an email offering 1 year of Apple TV+ for free yesterday because I purchased an iPhone 12 Pro Max from the Apple Store App. After following the link in the email and signing in it states, "Apple TV+ free for 1 week" before confirming subscription.

Is it a year or a week? Nothing in the tiny print of the email to indicate a bait and switch, just the normal charge after trial is over warning, and that the offer is good for three months.

If it's a week then I think I'll pass. It'll take that long just to jerry rig a solution to get it to work on UHD TV with or without my Chromecast with Google TV.

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 7:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 12:49 AM

The regular trial period for this Apple TV+ service is one week.

When you buy a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac, it includes one year of Apple TV+ for free.

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Apple TV+ offer Terms & conditions - Apple

Users should redeem the offer within the first three months.

Users should redeem the offer on their new Apple device, not on a different device. Once you have the subscription, it will be available on any of your devices with the Apple TV app, when signed in with the same Apple ID account.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2020 12:49 AM in response to MrLetter

The regular trial period for this Apple TV+ service is one week.

When you buy a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac, it includes one year of Apple TV+ for free.

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Apple TV+ offer Terms & conditions - Apple

Users should redeem the offer within the first three months.

Users should redeem the offer on their new Apple device, not on a different device. Once you have the subscription, it will be available on any of your devices with the Apple TV app, when signed in with the same Apple ID account.

Received an email offering 1 year of Apple TV+ but when I followed the link the offer was only for one week.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.