You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook fans running really high even when everything is off.

My Macbook fans running really high even when everything is off. I don't have high end applications running, I'm not playing games, or rendering stuff. I also have tried resetting the SMC.

Here's some information about my mac.

And here's the fan speed.

And note that I primarily have google chrome running in doc, with only 3 tabs when I took that screenshot.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 7:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 12:50 AM

There are few workarounds for this.

1, close the MBP LID and work only on external monitor

2, find a “compatible” monitor. Its related to the monitor refresh rate and resolution combination. Some monitors works just fine and some need little tweaking with the refresh frequency by help of 3rd party app.

there is a huge topic on macrumors forums where ppls are discussing the monitor types and details.

p

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2020 12:50 AM in response to Asaad Mahmood

There are few workarounds for this.

1, close the MBP LID and work only on external monitor

2, find a “compatible” monitor. Its related to the monitor refresh rate and resolution combination. Some monitors works just fine and some need little tweaking with the refresh frequency by help of 3rd party app.

there is a huge topic on macrumors forums where ppls are discussing the monitor types and details.

p

Macbook fans running really high even when everything is off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.