You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch SE/series 6 Cellular + WiFi without cell phone operator supporting Apple Watch

Hi!

I have a particular cell phone operator ("Dipper" for small businesses, owned by the Norwegian Company "Telenor") with regards to work, and I cannot change the operator as for now.

I have asked them whether they support the usage of Apple Watch, and their reply is that Apple is the one approving which cell phone companies the Apple Watch is compatible with.

Telenor owns Dipper, and Telenor is the only phone company in Norway that has been approved by Apple. Is it not possible to approve more companies, Apple?

So to my question: Is it safe to purchase Apple Watch SE and still use the cellular features on the watch if my iPhone is in the same room? If this works, how close do I need to keep the iPhone in order to receive/answer calls on the watch?

Massive thanks in advance!

All the best,

MrNord

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 11:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 11:50 AM

You can answer phone calls as long as your iPhone is near or if you have WiFi calling enabled and your watch is on a known wifi network.

See Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple Watch SE/series 6 Cellular + WiFi without cell phone operator supporting Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.