You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Picture files missing from a network drive after Big Sur update

I have a folder on a network drive that I use to store pictures. This folder has a number of sub-folders for organization. After updating to Big Sur, Finder will navigate to the main folder, but the sub-folders and their contents are not showing. I had some photos in the main folder and they were still visible so I tried putting them into a new sub-folder to see if that would make the others visible. Finder will show that sub-folder, but if I leave Finder open for a few minutes, it and it's parent folder will disappear.

If I try accessing the sub-folders from a Windows machine, they are not visible there either.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 1:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 2:03 PM

What I have is an external USB drive plugged into a WD My Book NAS. The missing folder is on the drive. After messing with it for a while, I could no longer see the eternal drive in Finder. After several attempts, it finally appeared on my desktop when I plugged the drive into the Macbook. I found the missing folder in a folder named "Lost+Found". That folder was not visible to me when the drive was connected to the NAS.

I'm not sure what happened!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2020 2:03 PM in response to SnickZ.

What I have is an external USB drive plugged into a WD My Book NAS. The missing folder is on the drive. After messing with it for a while, I could no longer see the eternal drive in Finder. After several attempts, it finally appeared on my desktop when I plugged the drive into the Macbook. I found the missing folder in a folder named "Lost+Found". That folder was not visible to me when the drive was connected to the NAS.

I'm not sure what happened!

Dec 7, 2020 1:17 PM in response to Briancla

Hi there, Briancla.

It appears that photos are missing on a network drive you use. You can get to the main folder, but the sub-folders are empty. You also note that they're not appearing on a Windows PC as well, and we'd like for you to contact Apple Support for this.

Get Support - After choosing whichever model of Mac you're using, select Other Mac Topics > The topic is not listed. Briefly describe the issue, then Continue.

Take care.

Picture files missing from a network drive after Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.