You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Apps Will Not Show On Swipe Up from Center (12 Pro Max, iOS 14)

All my iPhone friends say I should be able to show all the open apps by swiping up from the middle of my new phone. So far, it works about 10% of the time or less. How do I get it to show me all the open apps if the swipe up isn't working?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 9:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 10:31 PM

I believe that it isn't working for you because you begin the swipe up from the MIDDLE. There has been some misunderstanding between what your friends tell you and what you are understanding.

Try the following-

SWIPE UP from the BOTTOM and only UP TO THE MIDDLE and pause. That will reveal all the open/dormant apps to the left.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2020 10:31 PM in response to JLDSP

I believe that it isn't working for you because you begin the swipe up from the MIDDLE. There has been some misunderstanding between what your friends tell you and what you are understanding.

Try the following-

SWIPE UP from the BOTTOM and only UP TO THE MIDDLE and pause. That will reveal all the open/dormant apps to the left.

Axel F.

Open Apps Will Not Show On Swipe Up from Center (12 Pro Max, iOS 14)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.