You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail crashing on opening

Hi, I am using Mail on a MacBook Pro and Mail has just started to crash as soon as I open it.

Can anyone tell me what this Crash Report might indicate, and what i could do to resolve this issue if anything? Thanks in advance.

(I have added the report as additional text but removed the really long string titled something like Binary Image because the Additional Text would only allow up to 100,000 characters).

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 3:09 AM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2020 1:13 PM in response to neathwaybrown

Greetings, neathwaybrown!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with the Mail app crashing on your MacBook Pro. Let's start by checking out this article If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac. This article will give you steps you can take to troubleshoot issues with an app crashing on the Mac.

We also recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow for How to use safe mode on your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue. 

Let us know the results and take care!

Mail crashing on opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.