You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of permission

I want to open a Pages file on my new iPad Pro but am told that the file couldn't be opened because I do not have permsission to view it. I wrote the file - no-one else is involved. What is the problem?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 3:01 PM

Hello MerrillMorrow,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble opening a file in Pages. You're getting a notification that you don't have permission to view the file. We're happy to help.

Check out the following support articles:

Change a shared document’s settings in Pages on iPad

Collaborate on a shared Pages document on iPad

If you need more help with Pages, reach out for additional assistance here: Get Support

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2020 3:01 PM in response to MerrillMorrow

Hello MerrillMorrow,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble opening a file in Pages. You're getting a notification that you don't have permission to view the file. We're happy to help.

Check out the following support articles:

Change a shared document’s settings in Pages on iPad

Collaborate on a shared Pages document on iPad

If you need more help with Pages, reach out for additional assistance here: Get Support

Cheers!

Loss of permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.