You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone shuts off unpredictably

Hello, I have an iphone 7 with an IOS 14.1

Lately, I've been encountering unexpected battery issues. at first, I noticed the battery shuts off unexpectedly at 18% then after a few days, it starts shutting off at 23%, then 28% and now it shuts off at 33%. it's as though the the phone is not telling the exact battery percentage.

What Can I Do To Fix It?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 7:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 7:44 PM

Do you receive any temperature warning on the screen when your iPhone shuts down? If iyes, you can check this link:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

You can also check out this link about shutdown issues and what might be causing them:

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2020 7:44 PM in response to ibrac137

Do you receive any temperature warning on the screen when your iPhone shuts down? If iyes, you can check this link:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

You can also check out this link about shutdown issues and what might be causing them:

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Phone shuts off unpredictably

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.