You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with emailing myself

Has anyone had the problem, not being able to email yourself from your IPhone?

I cant even send myself an article from a newspaper, without recieving the mail with the message that the message cannot be shown due to wrong format, and that I have to contact the sender to use another emailprogram.

There is NO problem with my mail-host, and my webmail and my pc is working lige a baby...its only my IPhone that has the problem....I have uninstalled my email acount and reinstalled it again, and same problem occurs on aprox every third mail....it isnt a constant problem....

It might have something to do with the bcc, cuz usually I send everything bcc myself, but I have stopped doing that, and now the email works 2 out of three times.....

Does anybody have a solution for this??

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 8:37 AM

6 replies

Dec 3, 2020 10:41 AM in response to anette1010

And you say that you have deleted the mail account and added it back to the iPhone and the behavior continues? If that is the case, I suggest you use the Contact Support link at the top of the page here and contact Apple Support. An alternative would be to contact your email provider and see if they can check the backend to explain why you receive the error.

Problems with emailing myself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.