You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages disappearing

In the last few months my text messages have been missing in numerous threads. They will come back typically in a short while, or up to a day. Sunday I lost numerous threads of great importance to me. They have not come back even after reset, and wiping phone and downloading again from the cloud. Almost every Apple user I know is experiencing the same issue. Is anyone else noticing this issue!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 12:35 PM

5 replies

Dec 5, 2020 1:59 PM in response to zinacef

When 43 Apple iPhone users )I'm tracing each one, tell me they have been experiencing this issue and my daughter who lives in another state calls me to ask "have your text message treads been disappearing" and two employees ask for the day off to go to an Apple service center (which sadly none are open) and it continues to happen - it is wide spread. The problem is the average person doesn't know the first place to start and so they make a phone call. And that is tough with Apple. And one thread I lost has highly sensitive information in it (I text myself with passwords and other important things I want to keep) as well as all the conversations between 10 siblings because both parents passed away these last few months, I had a very compelling reason to call. I am in public relations and so I understand the importance of documenting things. I'm not the average user. This is a serious and wide spread issue.

Text messages disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.