You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro and Bluetooth speakers

When I play iTunes continuously on my Bluetooth speakers after about 30 minutes my MacBook stops playing and returns to the sign in page. My speakers remain on with no sound. When I play iTunes through the MacBook speakers this doesn’t happen. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 6:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 6:39 PM

Hi there kathyfrommurphy,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with the music playback ending when your MacBook signs out after about 30 minutes with Bluetooth speakers connected, and we'd like to see if we can help.

This may be due to the MacBook going to sleep or signing out due to the inactivity. Learn more here: Set your Mac to log out when not in use

We hope this helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 9, 2020 6:39 PM in response to kathyfrommurphy

Hi there kathyfrommurphy,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with the music playback ending when your MacBook signs out after about 30 minutes with Bluetooth speakers connected, and we'd like to see if we can help.

This may be due to the MacBook going to sleep or signing out due to the inactivity. Learn more here: Set your Mac to log out when not in use

We hope this helps.

MacBook Pro and Bluetooth speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.