You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have had the same iPhone 5s for 7 years and have forgotten the password and the email associated with my Apple ID is no longer in existence. I have an iCloud account that I want to preserve so I'm worried about losing access to that account

How do I go about activating a new iPhone and maintain my iCloud Account data since I so far I have not been able to retrieve my old Apple ID and password?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 7:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 8:14 PM

You must regain access to that old AppleID in order to use that AppleID’s associated iCloud account on any new device. Use Account recovery if necessary -> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2 replies

I have had the same iPhone 5s for 7 years and have forgotten the password and the email associated with my Apple ID is no longer in existence. I have an iCloud account that I want to preserve so I'm worried about losing access to that account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.