You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing caps lock button on keyboards in iPad iOS 14 ?

I updated from 11.1 to 14 recently against my wishes because of errors I was having. Come to find, my caps lock is gone on my english keyboard.

How do I restore this?

I have tried restarting my iPad, removing and readding keyboards, turned on and off >EVERY< setting in the General>Keyboard setting one by one (yes, EVERY setting). Come to find the ONLY way to restore it is to turn off the chinese simplified handwriting keyboard, which I use very often. Making this device more inconvenient hardly seems like an "upgrade" which is what updates SHOULD be, but I digress...

I have read other people asking this, but all of the solutions I see say to go to the "hardware keyboard" setting, which I do not have (see image, if it works). There is only the "General>Keyboard>Keyboards" option that takes me to my list of keyboards, so don't bother telling me to go to hardware keyboards unless you first tell me how to GET the hardware keyboards setting in the first place.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 11:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 3:46 PM

Jay09-00 wrote:

I just want my caps lock key back on my english canada keyboard on my iPad.

To ask Apple to add the feature you want, use

http://www.apple.com/feedback

3 replies

Removing caps lock button on keyboards in iPad iOS 14 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.