You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband for Catalina 10.15.7

Hi I have an old MacBook Pro (mid 2012) and have cleared it off so my son can create music on it using GarageBand. however in cleaning it up I removed the older garageband and now when I Redownload it from my App Store purchases I cannot open it because I need to have OS11. Problem is this MacBook is not compatible for this update so was wondering if there was a way to get GarageBand on this MacBook Pro?

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 8:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 10:27 AM

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina 15-inch, Early 2013)

Currently using Catalina 10.15.7 because Big Sur is not compatible with my hardware.

My previous version of GarageBand was not compatible with Catalina, so I trashed it.

How can a get a copy of GarageBand that will run on Catalina 10.15.7 ? Maybe GarageBand 10 10.3.5 ?

I note that an Answer above recommends sending feedback to request that an older version be made available - but I don't know how to do this.

Thanks.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2021 10:27 AM in response to martinstreet

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina 15-inch, Early 2013)

Currently using Catalina 10.15.7 because Big Sur is not compatible with my hardware.

My previous version of GarageBand was not compatible with Catalina, so I trashed it.

How can a get a copy of GarageBand that will run on Catalina 10.15.7 ? Maybe GarageBand 10 10.3.5 ?

I note that an Answer above recommends sending feedback to request that an older version be made available - but I don't know how to do this.

Thanks.

Feb 24, 2021 8:00 PM in response to ehtp

I have a mid 2012 MacBook Air and can't install GarageBand because I need MacOS 11 and I can't get that update because my MacBook isn't compatible with that update and I never owned GarageBand for MacOS before so is there any way I can get the older version of GarageBand because I really enjoy using GarageBand to record and produce music PLEASE HELP ME OUT !!!!

Garageband for Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.