You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage

Hello!

i don’t have much experience with the usage of ICloud. I have an IPhone 7 32GB but due to its limited memory capacity I decided to buy the plan of 200 MG monthly. However, the phone is still showing me messages that I have not enough memory capacity (for example, to see my pictures, to update software, to update apps like Facebook or watsapp...etc)

With that being said, I would like to know if there is a way to optimize the memory capacity of my phone and transfer most of my storage files to my iCloud? (I’ve tried to do it a lot but I guess there is something I’m doing wrong)

thanks in advance for your attention and help!

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 7:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 11:23 AM

See -- Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support.

2 replies

Dec 5, 2020 11:47 AM in response to KBTinoco

Hi KBTinoco,

I believe you increased your iCloud storage to 200GB from 7.32GB. You will need to call Apple at 1 (800) 692 7753. They are the ones who can help you fix this.

You can create MORE space on your iPhone by deleting in-needed emails, text messages, pictures, videos, apps, books, etc... Doing this WILL free up space on your iPhone as well as REDUCING the amount of iCloud backup storage you need. This will help you to be able to back up your iPhone to iCloud as long as you can delete enough of those things I listed above.

Regardless, you are paying for storage you don’t have access to SO you REALLY need Apple to fix this for you. Let us know if you need help. Good luck!

iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.