You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the screen time pass code that was enabled without my request?

I upgraded from an iphone 7+ to an iphone 11 several months ago. Yesterday, I attempted to reset the 7+ so I could give to a family member. I could not reset the phone because it required a screen time passcode to complete the process. (WHY) I never setup this restriction! Both of these phones have been upgraded to iOS 14.2 so I tried to do the steps to change the passcode. Another fail. I have input my apple id and passcode and selected the change passcode only for it to log as a failed attempt to enter the correct screen time pass code( I have 13 failed attempts on the 11 and 17 failed attempts on the 7+). I am beyond frustrated with apple!!! Now my apple id is grayed out on both devices and will not allow me to sign out on either devide. How do I fix this? I have searched on the internet and found some cases where people download a third party software to fix this but I am afraid to do that in this era where cyber crimes are endless. My apple id is also linked to an ipad mini(1st gen - iOS 9.3) and a series 1 apple watch. Please help me!!!!!!!!

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 11:19 AM

See if anything here helps.

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone or your device is disabled.      

Similar questions

3 replies

How do I remove the screen time pass code that was enabled without my request?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.