You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Big Sur (RTM) 11.0.1 Compatibility - BIG BUG!! - Creative Cloud Installer Trouble - infinity....and beyond

Adobe Creative Cloud Software Install on MacOS Bug Sur RTM - BIG BUG!!!

Date:      December 2020

Conclusion: Avoid MacOS Big Sur at the moment until Adobe corrects their Installer 

Dear Community, I have just upgraded my MacBook to MacOS Big Sur - released version (upgrade from Catalina) - all seems to be very stable with everything else except for the "Adobe Creative Cloud" main installer for deploying their full tool suite. I have tried to install the Adobe Creative Cloud (latest installer version) as you cannot setup any of the companies' products without it and I am attaching a link below to full details of my current failed experiences of doing this on a clean MacOS install of Big Sur.

Please see here the forum post on Adobe Support where I have screenshot every possible avenue for installing this toolset available here

It is apparently a known bug, to which Adobe Support do not seem to be able to help with, even understand the issue, or have any possible resolutions, when I contacted them. They have suggested the I post a message on this Apple Forum to make the Community aware so that their engineers will start to potentially address the problem - currently they are blaming Apple as you can see in the screenshot below.

Please can Apple help?

Many thanks

MacBook

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 2:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 5:44 AM

FWIW, I just recently purchased one of the new M1 MacBook Airs

which can only have macOS Big Sur and installed the Adobe

Creative Cloud app without a hitch and subsequently installed

Adobe Bridge.

So, there must be something unique about your system causing

the issue.

Similar questions

2 replies

macOS Big Sur (RTM) 11.0.1 Compatibility - BIG BUG!! - Creative Cloud Installer Trouble - infinity....and beyond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.