You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone photo captions don't appear in iCloud

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a Windows 10 pc. I can add a caption to a photo on my iPhone in Photos, but the caption never appears under that photo when I view later it in iCloud on a browser on my Windows pc. Should I be able to see the captions here? Are they supposed to sync to iCloud?

Thanks,

Tom

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 4:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 10:25 AM

Tom, 

We appreciate that clarification. There currently is not an option to view captions added to photos on the iCloud website. However, we are always open to feedback on our products and services and encourage you to submit yours about this here: 

Feedback - Photos

Reach back out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2020 10:25 AM in response to Samizdat

Tom, 

We appreciate that clarification. There currently is not an option to view captions added to photos on the iCloud website. However, we are always open to feedback on our products and services and encourage you to submit yours about this here: 

Feedback - Photos

Reach back out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers!

Dec 16, 2020 1:17 PM in response to Ben_Z1

Hi,

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I am only using the native Photos app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max which is running iOS 14.3. When I view a photo in Photos, if I slide the photo up with my finger, a small text box appears beneath it reading "Add a Caption." In this box I can type a caption. In the future, when I slide up on that photo in the Photos app, the caption I added appears beneath it.

On my desktop computer I can visit https://www.icloud.com/photos/ and see my iPhone photos synced there. These photos all have a small line of text underneath them labelled "Untitled." The captions I add on my iPhone are *not* syncing to this line under the corresponding photos on iCloud.

What I want to know is: Should such syncing be happening? It seems obvious that it should happen, but perhaps this feature was not implemented by Apple.

Thanks,

Tom

Dec 12, 2020 9:10 AM in response to Samizdat

Hello Tom,

It sounds like captions that you add to your photos on your iPhone do not show on the iCloud website. We’d be happy to provide some information for you.

Are you using a third-party app to add the captions to your photos? We ask, because we were able to test this on our end using Markup, and we could see the captions added in iCloud. Let's have you take a look at the article below for using Markup with your photos on your iPhone.

Use Markup on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers!

iPhone photo captions don't appear in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.