You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv storage full

I have an 32GB apple tv. Wanted to add a video file and got the "not enough space" message. So I went to General-Manage storage and between all my apps I am bearly using 2GB of space. I downloaded an app called TV info, and it shows there that my apple tv is using 27GB of space. I already deleted all my files, all the apps that I don't use. What else can I do to free up 27 GB of space that I am not using? help pls

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 6:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:23 AM

Those 3rd party apps are not usually accurate. The ATV is a streaming device and VLC is one of the only apps that lets one add files, however they would be temporarily cached and flushed when space is needed. If it is not working, even after a reboot and reinstall of the app, then you will need to reach out to the developer.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2020 8:23 AM in response to OIMM

Those 3rd party apps are not usually accurate. The ATV is a streaming device and VLC is one of the only apps that lets one add files, however they would be temporarily cached and flushed when space is needed. If it is not working, even after a reboot and reinstall of the app, then you will need to reach out to the developer.

apple tv storage full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.