You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with starting up Google Chrome in Big Sur

When I want to start Chrome I get the message: "You don't have te permission to open the app google Chrome" and then "Google Chrome has stopped unexpectedly..." When I try to open Chrome again, there is no problem and it will start as it should be... Very annoying....

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 1:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 7:22 AM

Greetings robindevries!

From your post we see you are running into some trouble with Google Chrome stating you don't have permission to run it when trying to open that app on your Mac. We can absolutely see how that would be confusing and want to help! You may want to check to make sure the app has permissions enabled on your user account. You can do that with these steps: Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac.

Have a great rest of your day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2020 7:22 AM in response to robindevries

Greetings robindevries!

From your post we see you are running into some trouble with Google Chrome stating you don't have permission to run it when trying to open that app on your Mac. We can absolutely see how that would be confusing and want to help! You may want to check to make sure the app has permissions enabled on your user account. You can do that with these steps: Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac.

Have a great rest of your day!

Dec 13, 2020 2:02 PM in response to ManJor

Hi ManJor,

Thanks for your answer but I solved it already myself. You where right, it actualy where the permissions but the solution was not the one that you mentioned like in the artikel from the link.

I solved it by changing the permissions for Chrome in the system control panel -> security & privacy -> tab privacy. There i changed the permissions for files, folders, keyboard etc. and not under the info op Chrome.

Greetz,

Robin

Problem with starting up Google Chrome in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.