You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto import new files

So not sure if this is even possible but I am looking to switch from Premiere Pro to Final Cut. One thing that makes my workflow much easier is that in premiere if I add a new clip to the folder it auto updates and is instantly in the project media for the media browser to bring into the timeline.

This is because my editing requires me to listen to a audio track and search through stock footage that matches what is being said, download it and quickly put it in the timeline as I edit through the project.

Is there a way for the project files in Final Cut to auto import new clips in the downloaded folder or would I need to each time go back to import the media for every clip I download? I have not tried this just trying to see if possible as I did try Da Vinci and had to import each clip.

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 7:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 7:39 PM

Download the clip, drag it directly to the FCP timeline.

That will make it available for instant use and it will be imported into the project following whatever instructions for importing you have set in FCP Preferences:

MtD

Similar questions

1 reply

Auto import new files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.