You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my photos into my wife's icloud storage

My wife allowed me to join her icloud storage through family sharing. My wife has 2TB of storage and has used a tiny fraction of it. However, when I then tried to backup my photos onto her storage (my photos consume 30GB), my phone refused. It said "More iCloud Storage Needed" and invited me to upgrade. Under "Upgrade Options," it doesn't allow me to store on her iCloud. I have tried other ways to get my photos onto her icloud storage and for the life of me can't figure out how to do it. I have also found no help online on this subject. Apple has tons of info on how my wife can share her storage with me, but it has next to nothing on how I can then use it.

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 1:38 PM

Thank you for your response. An Apple help desk employee solved the problem accidentally and reported the issue. My wife "shared" her 2TB iCloud storage with me. I accepted by tapping, on my phone, Apple's prompt that I was "invited to share a iCloud storage plan." The prompt indicated that I had accepted and informed me that my wife would be informed. However, it turned out that there was one step she still needed to follow - which she appears not to have been informed of. She still needed to go into her iCloud settings again to give me access again to share. Once she did that, I had access to her storage.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2020 1:38 PM in response to zinacef

Thank you for your response. An Apple help desk employee solved the problem accidentally and reported the issue. My wife "shared" her 2TB iCloud storage with me. I accepted by tapping, on my phone, Apple's prompt that I was "invited to share a iCloud storage plan." The prompt indicated that I had accepted and informed me that my wife would be informed. However, it turned out that there was one step she still needed to follow - which she appears not to have been informed of. She still needed to go into her iCloud settings again to give me access again to share. Once she did that, I had access to her storage.

How do I get my photos into my wife's icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.