You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Mini DV into iMovie (or FinalCUT), os11.x BigSur

Hi Rich

My environment:

A) MacBookPro 2015 OS BigSure 11.x iMovie 10.2.1

B) MacBook Air 2013 OS Catalina 10.x

Task: I'd like to import Mini DV from a SONY Handycam DCR PC-330 PAL

Problem:

• It doesn't work with BigSure
  • It works with Catalina but MacBookAir is not enough powerful to handle Video editing. I would prefer my MacBookPro........

In advance many thanks and best regards from Zurich

Arthur

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 12:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 1:25 PM

Then your next best option is to dual-boot the MacBook Pro - setup a partition (or an external drive) with Catalina. Use this to boot the MacBook Pro to manage the imports. The resulting video files will be on that partition/drive, so easy to incorporate back into your workflow when you reboot into Big Sur.

Not ideal, but it's your best bet at using legacy hardware that isn't supported by the latest OS.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2020 1:25 PM in response to Artamaa

Then your next best option is to dual-boot the MacBook Pro - setup a partition (or an external drive) with Catalina. Use this to boot the MacBook Pro to manage the imports. The resulting video files will be on that partition/drive, so easy to incorporate back into your workflow when you reboot into Big Sur.

Not ideal, but it's your best bet at using legacy hardware that isn't supported by the latest OS.

Import Mini DV into iMovie (or FinalCUT), os11.x BigSur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.